Monday, March 19, 2012

Funtastic!!! That's what Saturday was. I went to the cities for a stone drilling &  shaping class. I came home with 5 pieces that I need to finish. It was really fun. So no jewelry on Saturday Yesterday I made a piece with a one of a kind lampworked bead that I bought from Perfectly Adorned at a bead show. I used green 8mm firepoilished beads to match the green in the focal bead. I also used tree agate rondelles &  creamy ovals. The hemalyke (metalic looking dark grey) beads also pull color from the focal. It is all hung on brass chain & it has a antique gold plated pewter clasp that mimics the look of brass.   I guess this was a learning experience. I need a 2 to 1 connector not a jump ring for this necklace to lay better when worn. . I also need to make the inner strand longer. I will update this piece the next time I go to the bead store. The second piece I am showing  I made a while ago. It was my first attempt at a clasp &  it didn't turn out well so I never wore it. I made a new handmade stering silver 18 gague wire clasp &  this time I can be proud. I was looking for something not normallly used in jewelry &  I stumbled on electrical resistors. This piece is  made of the resistor, seed beads &  smooth &  twisted rings.  I wire wrapped the rings with different colored &  sized wire to make it brighter &  more fun. Everything is linked together with jump rings.  This is a long necklace. The earrings are resistors also. They have bicone crystals at the bottom. I hope you like this fun &  funky piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment