Thursday, May 3, 2012

Two bracelets are on my jewelry plate today. The first is made of coiled magnetic copper links. Magnetic copper is the kind used in winding electric motors. It has a varnish coating so that it doesn't short out in the motor. This coating makes the color darker &  richer. I also believe that it won't turn green like raw copper does. The ruby colored faceted glass rounds &  drops separated by silver lined topaz large seed beads shows off the darker copper with just the right sparkle. I made this bracelet a couple of months ago to go with a pair of  coiled copper earrings I made for  the January challenge to make a pair of earrings each day in January.  The first clasp that I made was too large so the bracelet just say on my work board. Yesterday I made a new clasp for it. I used 2 copper jump rings to attach the bar end so that it is more flexible when fastening the clasp. I am proud of this bracelet because I never saw one quite like it.

The second bracelet is a simple strung one. I had light blue beads on my board &  started playing with them. This bracelet is the result. It is 7 3/4" &  has a silver toggle clasp. I used Light blue pearls, faceted glass nuggets, &  matte clear flat ovals. It's light color reminds me of summer air. Now I'm going back to my bead board &  make a wrap bracelet on tan leather. You will see it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment