Monday, May 21, 2012

Not jewelry today. A hairbow  instead. My nieces daughter always wears a bow in her hair so I made this for her. I started with grosgrain ribbon &  made a 4" 8 loop bow. Next I made a 2" 8 loop bow so that it would have 2 layers.  I found a button in my stash for the center. Then I made a circle of  round pearls to go under the button. The next round of stitching was rice shaped pearls between the round ones. To make the rice pearls lay nice I used blue lined clear size 6 seed beads in groups of 3 between the pearls. To tighten this round I sewed through the outside 2 of the 3 beads &  it made a picot. When I stitched the button in the center it was kind of floppy so I used a netting stitch to support it.  The center is quite tall because of the height of the button.When it was all fastened together I attached it to a barrette. When I first envisioned this in my head I was going to stitch something sparkly on each loop end but when I found the button the design changed.  I hope she likes it. I had fun doing something different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment