Saturday, September 28, 2013

Your Best Shot was the prompt this week for focusing on life. Since beads are the best part of my life right now I decided to shoot my best bead design. This necklace is one that never fails to get compliments. Even my Mom who wears a single pendant on a chain likes this necklace. People say inspiration comes from everywhere and this necklace is proof of that. The last time my husband got orthotic shoes the shoe people had moved to a new office. When we went to his appointment I kept staring at the floor. It was just simple tiles but the color combo stuck in my head. It had a light tan backround with cream, aqua, dark tan, and light brown spots on it.  This necklace is the result of the colors in the flooring. It is a simple spiral rope with aqua firepolished rounds, glass discs, and gold discs as accents. The pendant is from Dakota Stone but I am not sure what stone it is. I bezeled and embellished it with seed beads. Fringe on the bottom completes the look. I also made the clasp from brass wire. To see the rest of the participants best please check out Sally Russick's blog on the link http://thestudiosublime.com/

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous necklace, Becky...and a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO, so pretty! And the delicate beading sets the cab off so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Marlene. I am pleased with how this one turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that?! I find inspiration everywhere, too, but have not yet been inspired by flooring! Pretty necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is real boho jewellery! Just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Claire. I always appreciate other jewelry artists liking my designs.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the color combo and your beadwork is fantastic! It's fun to see where other's get their inspiration for specific pieces - how cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx Shel. It feels wonderful to have other bead artists like my work.

    ReplyDelete