Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A mother of pearl donut bracelet is what I am showing today. This is the third time around for this bracelet. The first time I just linked the mother of pearl donuts together with gold jumprings. I liked it simple & it looked great on my arm. The creamy white made me look very tan.. I wore it to the grocery store & when I got home the jumprings had opened & the bracelet came apart. So I tried again. I used black waxed linen cord & macramed some knots. I put turquoise rubber O rings over the macrame knots then strung size 8 turquoise seed beads on the tails. In theory it would have been pretty but after a couple of joins I didn't like how it looked so I took it apart. This time I like it.  I used gold craft wire to join the donuts together for stability. I wire wrapped the top of the wires  then strung  two 6mm round hemalyke beads on each wire. The bottom of the wires I spiraled sort of wonky to enhance the handmade look. I used a gold plated pewter toggle clasp for the closure. I also made earrings to go with the bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment