Sunday, March 15, 2015

Last year I got to go to the Bead & Button Show for the first time. I was lucky enough to get a kit from Toho beads  and became a member of Team Toho. I was asked to create something with my kit. I wanted to do something different than the usual necklace, earrings, or bracelet. I came up with the idea of a fascinator and that is what I created. I sent for a buckram form but it got lost in the mail so I made a wire frame to support the beadwork. I made flowers from the petal shapes, triangles and seed beads as embellishments and stitched flower trim around the edge too. I made wire and seed bead accents and added two feathers from my friends cockatoo. The inside is finished with pink ultrasuede. I am pleased with how this turned out. If you would like to see what the others made with their kits here is the link http://teamtoho.net/challenges-and-contests/2014-toho-challenge/  Most others focused more on the blue beads but I was drawn to the metallic pink. Our bead group was well represented as 5 other members also participated in this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Your piece is so beautiful and feminine! Very very pretty, Becky! There was a lot of talent on that Toho link ~ wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Christine. I am pleased that you like my design. I agree that Toho sure attracts talent. I am lucky to know so many of the participants.

      Delete