Thursday, October 25, 2012


Here's pics of my newest necklace design. I used 3 bead netting for the straps. The beads are copper colored twin (2 hole)beads and seed beads. For the focal I started with a copper stamping as the back. I used leaf shaped glass beads to form the flower petals & drop beads for the center. The 6 fringes which hang from 3 two row seed bead loops  are made of  20 gauge magnetic copper wire coils that I stretched out & attached black crystal rondelles to the ends. Above the focal are 2 more of the rondelles flanking a fancy copper round bead.  I made the bail and the toggle clasp with the magnetic wire also. The ends of the straps have copper floral bead caps and more black crystal rondelles flanking  two more of the fancy copper rounds. I used copper jump rings to attach the clasp. I hope that you like looking at this necklace as much as I enjoyed making it. A lot has happened since I last posted. My friend Donna gave me a wonderful birthday party. It's the first birthday party I have had since I was a kid. Thanx Donna.  I stopped at the Bead Box in Brainerd for their going out of business sale. It's sad to see a bead store close.  I worked at the Twin Cities Bead Bazaar, which is always fun. And of course I bought some new beads while I was there. Last night I took my first lampwork bead making class. It's harder than it looks. I can see how lampworkers can get lost playing with the glass. The 2 1/2 hours flew by.

No comments:

Post a Comment