Saturday, May 9, 2015

Flora Hues is the challenge I am posting today. The hostess is Lisa Lodge of http://gratefulartist.blogspot.com  
Lisa sells us kits and we create something from the kits that we get.
I still had my treasures from the Bead Peeps challenge on my bead board and the pink stone from that challenge matched the delicate pink of these pearls so well that this necklace set was born. I added triangle size 11 seed beads between the pearls and faceted black coin beads to make the straps. The focal is the beautiful stone with black discs on either side that I wire wrapped with a faceted black drop below. It is a simple piece but I like it.
Since the hop is called flora hues I wanted to make something with a flower. I dug through my filigree and found this silver flower. I used it as the back layer of my focal. I stitched purple flower petals  to the backing. The center is a round white pearl from my kit. The bail is simply coiled silver wire. The straps are made with the purple rice shaped pearls and round white pearls from my kit. I have a third necklace in progress. I will post it when it is done. To see what others made go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/PRTbeadsandmore/
I just figured out that I have this marked on my calendar for the wrong date. Sorry I am late posting. 
 

4 comments:

  1. Really lovely sets Becky - I'm especially loving the second one with that beautiful focal! how unique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Cynthia, I appreciate your kind comments. I wore that necklace yesterday.

      Delete
  2. It's not bad that you were late, I'm glad you remembered to post! I've been busy catching up on the Bead Peeps blogs & stopped by to see what you have been up to since. I wouldn't have seen how busy you have been in other hops, if I didn't stop by! You keep churning out such unique pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Kat, I am pleased that you like my designs. They were nothing fancy. I am studying for my final at school tomorrow so my time had been limited.

      Delete