Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I preparation for my upcoming bead challenge I have been challenging myself to work with things that are not normally thought of as jewelry making materials. Last night I made this necklace with a rubber o-ring center. I used black & turquoise o-rings in decreasing sizes joined by 6mm silver jumprings. The o-rings came in a multi- pack from an unclaimed freight store.  The center focal is attached to the chain with 9mm jumprings.I added black chain & a black o-ring on each side for interest then attached a silver toggle clasp to the other ends of the chain. Simple to make & different from anything else I have seen. It only took a few minutes to make but I like it. Today I am making a necklace with electrical resistors. I will post it tomorrow. The bead challenge that I entered is the amazing Lori Anderson's (prettythings.blogspot.com) Bead Soup Blog Party. You should check it out if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment