Friday, June 8, 2012

The next bead embroidered necklace & earrings I made for me. The round beads & cab are sleeping beauty turquoise. The strung pearls are White Lotus saltwater pearls & the pearls that surround the cab are seed pearls.  I used 2 silver beads as accents. The dangle at the back started out to be where the silver beads are but when I got done beading it the scale was wrong for the necklace so I used it as a back dangle.  I am very pleased with how my necklace turned out.  I used Jamie Cloud Eakin's book "Beading with Cabochons" to help me design this piece.Her book doesn't just say make it this way it gives you hundreds of possibilities. After making this necklace I bought Jamie's next book "Dimensional Bead Embroidery" & I like it even more than her first book. If you are at all interested in beads embroidery I highly recommend her books. The pic isn't the best but I don't have photoshop installed in my new computer yet & the new computer & camera aren't speaking to each other yet so I used a pic I took quite a while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment