Friday, September 15, 2017

I am proud to say that I participated in the 2017 Toho Challenge. This is what I created. I love the flower center made with two colors of crescent beads. The tan and brown leaf above it adds drama. The straps are right angle weave are embellished with the blue crescents, tan 3mm melons and seed beads, and 5mm elderberry melons with seed beads. A hand stitched clasp finishes the straps. When I submitted the piece it did not have the fringe. Thanks to Jean Erickson for teaching me this at the UMBS fall retreat. It is the perfect finish for this necklace. I have wanted to do twisted fringe for a long time but my results were less than spectacular. Now I have got it. A broken arm kept me from beading for a while but now I am back and I will try to post more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment