Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bill Zhang at www.znetshows.com Contacted me and asked if I would like design with some of their sea glass. The pic above is what he sent me to work with. Here is what I made. The first necklace I used 3 orange sea glass Shapes as the focus. I paired it with turquoise twin beads, hematite discs, orange Czech flowers and seed beads, a ceramic rectangle, and some of the silver flowers from Znetshows. I used a toggle clasp closure.
The second necklace is bead embroidered. I attached an orange sea glass to one of the silver findings. It added depth and interest to the sea glass. I used yellow crystal rondelles and matte brown sea glass rounds  around  the center. I also added tan pearls and an orange seed bead  edge. The bail is herringbone stitched. The straps are spiral rope. I used a sea glass slice to draw attention to the tassel. The ends of the tassel are also yellow crystal rondelles from Bill.  I made the clasp.Here's a close up of the focal.
Next I made this necklace.
I used a vintage corrugated disc behind a sea glass round. There are yellow glass flowers accents on the sea glass. I made wire links for this necklace. The links are connected with silver jump rings.   I also included two of the silver flower discs from Znet. The brown and yellow rounds are from Znet too. The closure is a gold plated pewter floral toggle clasp.
These are the earrings for the necklace above.

This necklace used the yellow sea glass slices. I used 3mm bright yellow fire polished rounds and dark blue rondelles as accents. I added the brass chain to give it a modern feel and also for movement. There are three yellow 10mm pearls too. The focal is made by altering a bead cap to hold the yellow  sea glass piece.I made a pair of earrings too.
Next I made a bracelet to go with the necklace and earrings above. I used the yellow sea glass oval as the center. I attached two brass chains on both sides. With blue wire I made links through the chains with yellow sea glass rounds and the yellow rondellles with blue rondelles and seed beads.
My last necklace has a beach theme. I used the silver component which I colored to look like seaweed as the center. I used two real shell pieces, some green pearls, and two silver shell shapes  along with the sea shapes from znet to make the center section.  The rest of the necklace has sea glass slices, shapes, and rounds with yellow crystal rondelles, yellow sea glass  rounds and an oval, green pearls and bone discs. I made wire links for this necklace too. The fun part of the necklace is that the center detaches and can be worn as a bracelet. I made another attachment and the necklace can be worn with it. You can see this in the pic below.
The last pic is what I had left when I was done. I really enjoyed this experience and I want to thank Znet Shows for this opportunity. If you want to see more of their beautiful cultured sea glass click this link
 http://www.znetshows.com/gemshow/retail/sea_glass_beads.asp



If you click newer post there is one more necklace that I forgot to post with the others.

32 comments:

  1. Very pretty designs. You have some interesting techniques. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Cherrie, I'm glad that you like it. I tried to show how the sea glass can be used in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors you received. You designed some great items and take great shots, too. Your work all glow with an inner light (share how you get that?) I especially like the necklace with the yellow slice beads. It has an Ancient Egyptian feel to it that caught my attention. And you seed bead? Impressed and awed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx. Orange and yellow are my two least favorite colors but I didn't get a choice.I thought that my pics weren't very good. As far as an inner glow I don't know what to say I just let the beads tell me what they want. The yellow piece I wanted to have a modern look and I thought the chain dangles did that and added movement too. I started out to put black with the yellow. My friend Lisa came over and beaded with me and she suggested the dark blue. Bead embroidery is my favorite thing to do but I like anything to do with beads. The more techniques I know the better I can design.

      Delete
  4. Love the bead embroidered piece! You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Rachel. It feels really good when other designers like my work.

      Delete
  5. So many pretty pieces. I really like the changeable piece - very versatile. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx Christine. I tried to show that sea glass is versatile. I thought it made sense to make one of my pieces changeable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool pieces, especially the confertable one, I love multitasking jewelry! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Klaudete, I started out to make a bracelet but the beads wanted more.

      Delete
  8. I've never tried bead embroidery in a piece...too fun! All your designs are wonderful, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Mimi Bead embroidery is my favorite thing to do. I'm glad that you like them. It feels so good to have other designer like my work.

      Delete
  9. Oooh, I could have had me some fun with these colors too! Love all your pieces...I really like the earrings...pretty! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx, They are not my favorite colors but I think I did show a good variety. I'm glad that you like what I did. I have my fingers crossed that they will choose at least one of my pieces.

      Delete
  10. They may not have been your favorite colors, but now I think they are mine! You did a beautiful job of showcasing the "beachy" quality of the cultured sea glass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanx Donetta, It feels really good to have other jewelry artists like my work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your designs are lovely. I also like to work with "sea glass." I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Mary, It feels really good to have other jewelry artists like my work. I just got an email saying that 3 of my pieces are going to Tucson. WOOOHOOO!!!

      Delete
  13. We had similar colors and yet did very different things! That is so fun to see! Beautiful work and they are all gorgeous but I think my favorite is that one set in the middle, seems almost egyptian...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Charlie.I was surprised when they contacted me.I heard today that piece is one of the 3 of mine that got selected to go to the Tucson show.Yeah! This was such a fun experience.

      Delete
  14. You really used a ton of what they sent you. That embroidered piece is so impressive, but all of your creations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanx Hope, I used all the sea glass since that is what they wanted us to focus on. The embroidered piece is my favorite too. I appreciate you comment. I too felt that I might not have thought harder when I saw all the other designs. I guess I did good though as 3 of my pieces were selected.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanx Anitra, I see you have pieces going to Tucson too. congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pieces. I love the colors. The triangle earrings that go with the necklace are probably my favorite. I only got 4 pieces made with my samples. But it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Kay. I'm glad you like my pieces. I agree that it was lots of fun. I used all the sea glass.

      Delete
  18. Love your pieces...I had a lot of fun with these designs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanx Suzette. I'm glad you like my pieces. I agree that this was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pieces. Stopping by to have a look at your blog and follow your journey through the bead soup blog party. This is my first one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanx Hope you like what you saw. This is my second BSBP and I think it is great. Hope you enjoy your first BSBP>

    ReplyDelete