Monday, October 1, 2012



My jewelry pics today are of a necklace made with three bead netting straps. The gorgeous focal bead is by lampwork artist Jeff Barber.  At bead retreat Doris showed us how to do 3 bead netting with the new Czech  twin beads . When I had a couple of inches done I thought about Jeff's bead & I knew that they would be a great match. I even stitched the clasp. I didn't follow a pattern I just stitched until I had the look that I wanted. I have made clasps before but they were made of wire. I am proud of my first attempt at a stitched clasp. I will admit that I had to do a second toggle bar because the first one was too short. The pics were taken before I stitched the new bar. I peyote stitched a loop for a bail because I wanted to keep it simple to showcase the focal. The only accents are a couple of crystal bicones,  a couple of dark topaz crystal rondelles , &  4 seed bead fringe with bronze bicone ends.  I hope you like it as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Wow ! This is beautiful Becky! You have done a spectacular job with a necklace showcasing the focal which is amazing. I see a face in that focal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Vicki. It's feels so good when others comment on my jewelry. I'm never sure if anyone is looking at my blog as I just started it this spring.I like blogging. It gives me a chance to talk about my jewelry

    ReplyDelete