Friday, April 6, 2018

Today is the reveal for the Bead Peeps Blog Hop 2018. Thank you LindaAnderson for hosting this fun challenge. Since my package did not arrive from my partner I decided to do something on my own. I bead with a group of friends every week. One of the ladies went to the Tucson Bead Show this year. She brought back the large green two hole rectangles and challenged us to make something with them. I decided to use them for this hop also. Since bead embroidery is my favorite thing to do I started there. I found a cabochon that is colored similar to the two hole rectangles and bezeled it. Then I attached it to a circular piece of backing. I stitched the two hole rectangles below it. A black seed bead and a green disc were uses to fill the holes. Next I created six fringes. One for each of the holes and stitched them below the rectangles. I found jade ovals for the edge of the circle. Then I filled in with green seed beads. The straps were created with faceted jade rounds, black discs, green bicone crystals, and black teardrop shaped beads. I chose a gunmetal toggle clasp for the closure because it matched the bead caps I used on the fringes. I also created matching earrings using a jade round and fringes with the same beads as the necklace only they are shorter.  I had fun creating this and I hope you like it. Now please check out what the other designers in this hop created at https://www.facebook.com/groups/beadPeeps/

17 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love the different textures and the tassel fringes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Christina, I am pleased that you like my design.

      Delete
  2. I hate to hear that your partner flaked out on you (what a real bummer). But am so glad that you persisted with the challenge and made a stunning necklace. I do have to ask...are those eyes on it? You didn't mention eyes in your description, but I see eyeballs. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Hope, I am very glad that you like my necklace.It does sort of look like eyes. It is a green disc and a black seed bead.

      Delete
  3. I like the tassels and the center bead framing. But the goggly eyes make it a little scary to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divya, I did not see it as eyes by others have.

      Delete
  4. This is a great response to the challenge - meking something with your own beads. I love that necklace - it's tribal, rich in detail, probably would be snatched by the queen of the tribe if she saw it :) Last, but not least, it's in my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosantia, I am pleased that you like my design.

      Delete
  5. Becky-Your necklace is a real show stopper. The focal is wonderful. I love the seed beading and colors that you used. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx Kathy, I take it as a real compliment when someone with your talent calls my work show stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I love this piece. So ancient world looking. You did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Robin, I am pleased that you like my design.

      Delete
  8. Becky - Congratulations on one STELLAR piece! You REALLY made that green work for you - it's a REAL head turner! Job WELL done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanx Linda< I appreciate your glowing comments. I am very glad that you like my design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful creative job! You did really great. Thanks for sharing with us photo editing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanx, I am pleased that you like my design. I had fun creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog post.Much thanks again
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete