Sunday, February 28, 2016

Here is the third necklace for the I wish it were summer hop. Yesterday did not go as planned so I just finished the necklace this morning. I used the stone rectangles and drops as the focus of the necklace. Spaced between the stones are small goldstone rounds, bronze flowers discs, and orange glass discs. I thought that the bronze flowers gave the necklace some needed punch of color, but did not distract from  nor compete with the stones. There are smoky glass fire polished beads at the ends of both strung sections. I made links from the two colors of orange sea glass drops to be the strap sections of the necklace. The wire I used is magnetic copper. This is one of my favorite wires to work with. It is darker and richer than regular copper wire. The coating also keeps the copper from turning green like regular copper does. I also made the clasp from this wire. Each link is joined by two jump rings. I made earrings from the last two drops. I hope that you like my new creation.

3 comments:

  1. Just saw the third necklace (and earrings), Becky. They are beautiful! Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your necklace and earrings set. Colors work well together.

    I have never heard of "magnetic copper" wire. Can you tell me where you can purchase it?

    Enjoyed your pieces.

    Carolyn
    Carolynscreations@live.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn, I am glad that you like my designs. Magnetic copper is used in the winding of electromagnetic motors. It is not magnetic as we think of it. I first used it as a leftover piece from fixing 1966 Corvette headlight motors. I purchased this magnetic copper wire on ebay.

      Delete