Saturday, May 16, 2015

Twilight is the name Lisa Lodge chose for this challenge kit. The beads are in shades of black, gray, purple,white and clear. The moment I saw the black rounds I associate them with this lovely lampworked bead that I got from a friend of mine.  I have admired this style for a long time so I was anxious to use it. I hung the focal from three strands of black seed beads and used a flower bead cap on a headpin to complete the focal. The straps are the black rounds from my kit with tan fire polished beads and red size 6 seed beads. This necklace came together easily.
Necklace number two is made in a similar style. The focal on this one is an old single earring. I stitched purple seed beads to it to give it more color and make it match the design I had in mind. I clipped the clip-on back off above the hinge then I curled the piece that was left to make an attachment point. I strung seed beads on wire and attached them to the curl to form the bail. The straps are made from the dark gray pearls, smaller purple pearls, and clear faceted crystal rondelles from my kit. My designs have been simple lately as I have been studying for my final test at school. I graduated yesterday so now I will have more time to bead. Yeah!
This is what I have left from my kit so I have lots more to design with. I have more ideas and I plan to make them soon. To see more of the pieces that other beaders designed from their twilight kits please click on https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1594161557491985&type=1

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful designs Becky! love this color pallet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Cynthia, I am glad that you like my designs. They are simple but I like them.

    ReplyDelete