Friday, November 9, 2012

Another magnetic copper necklace and earrings is the jewelry pic I am showing today. I adore the color of the magnetic copper and the coating should make it not turn green. I find this wire in 20 gauge easy to work with.  I shaped marquis elements, made double coiled beads with copper bead caps, added protection the the area where the bail is, and added 1/2 inch coils to the fringe all with the magnetic copper wire.  I made the focal out of 2 copper filigree stampings and attached it to the necklace with a jump ring bail. The five focal fringes are made with light brown pearl drops, dark topaz crystal rondelles, coiled copper, and small faceted copper beads on headpins. The section between the double coiled beads and the marquise elements is composed of two copper twisted glass ovals with a brown 6mm pearl in the center and a brown 4mm swarovski bicone crystal on each end. The whole section between  the two marquise is strung on copper beading wire and crimped together. I used a wire guard to protect the stringing wire from wear.  Above the marquise on each side  is another twisted glass oval section. This time it is made as a wire link and attached with 2 copper jump rings. There is copper chain and a hook type clasp on the end. I made earrings too. I am pleased with how this came out and I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment